- Veröffentlicht: Freitag, 18. Juni 2021 10:57
Job offer ref. #11-21007
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states. Within SGN, the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F) explores the interactions between biodiversity, climate, and society.
Senckenberg BiK-F invites applications for a
GIS technician (m/f/d) in the project
Geobiodiversity research (part- or full time; at least 80%)
We are looking for a committed and motivated GIS technician (any gender welcome) with an interest in spatial analysis of biodiversity and its driving factors. You will be part of a large international scientific team in a friendly and constructive working environment.
1. Data compilation and digitization into databases, database maintenance and management (PostgreSQL mit PostGIS, MS Access)
2. Georeferencing images and handling raster and vector data in standard geographic information systems (specifically ESRI ArcGIS / QGIS / R software)
3. Spatial data processing, spatial analysis, and cartography
4. Programming in GIS or R to automate spatial analysis
5. Point of contact for database and GIS support requests in a scientific working group
1. - Bachelor or Master degree in biology, geography, or a related discipline
2. excellent experience in geographic information systems (ESRI ArcGIS / QGIS / R software) including solid programming skills
3. strong background in handling large datasets and experience in database management
4. professional experience with MicrosoftOffice (Word, Excel, Access)
5. very good organisational and communication skills, ability to work independently
6. good English and German language skills
Salary and benefits are according to a part- or full-time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 11, at least 80 % - 100 %). The contract should start as soon as possible - ideally on September 1st, 2021 - and will be initially limited for two years.
The Senckenberg Research Institutes support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #11-21007) before July 12th, 2021 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter detailing your motivation and experience, a detailed CV and a copy of your certification to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main