The University Medical Center Goettingen, Dept. of Neurology is seeking a Bioinformatician and Data Scientist for Cross-Omics-Data analyses (initially limited to 2 years, full time (38.5 hours/week), salary according to TV-L).
The UMG, the University Medical Center Goettingen is a hotspot for clinical and experimental Neurology. Several departments form a Neuroscience Unit with Departments of Neurology, of Clinical Neurophysiology, of Neurosurgery and of Neuropathology. Clinical and experimental studies in patients with Parkinson’s Disease take place in all departments including deep brain stimulation in the Dept. of Neurosurgery and histopathology in the Dept. of Neuropathology and α-synuclein and biomarker research in the Dept. of Neurology. The Parkinson Center Göttingen/Kassel (http://www.parkinson-zentrum.info/) links the UMG with the Paracelsus-Elena-Klinik in Kassel. The center which is following several cohorts is part of the Parkinson Progression Marker Initiative (www.ppmi-info.org) and supported by the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
Preferred Selection Criteria and Job Description:
- Profound knowledge in bioinformatics and statistics
- Development of bioinformatic methods for the analysis of cross-omic data of available cohort studies for biomarker research of Parkinson’s disease
- Experience with cross-omics data (including complex genetic and imaging data)
- Experience with harmonizing data of different cohorts
- Statistical analyses of “big data pools”
- Support with programming/optimizing available software systems for data capture in cohort studies
- Change of data capture of a cohort study from paper source to eCRF
- Master degree in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics or physics
- PhD or at least three year of working experience
- Experience with programming and development tools as well as harmonizing data from different sources
- Experiences with the statistics software R
- Expertise in data integration and statistics, know-how in machine learning and KI
- Excellent English orally and in writing is a must, knowledge of the German language would be a plus
Possibilities for professional training and qualification or “habilitation” are given.
University medical Center Göttingen
Clinic for Neurology
Prof. Dr. Mathias Bähr
Direktor der Klinik für Neurologie
Tel.: 0551 386603
Fax.: 0551 399348
Web: http:// www.neurologie.med.uni-goettingen.de
Frau Prof. Dr. Brit Mollenhauer
Please send your application via E-Mail in PDF format or via mail in copy and not in folders.