BioMed X Innovation Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 515, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
About BioMed X
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At our center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world are working jointly on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, diagnostics, and consumer care. These interdisciplinary project teams are conducting groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network.
What we are looking for
A postdoc position is available in the team of “DNA Damage in Cancer” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group is to understand the mechanisms of synthetic lethality in cancer and find novel targets that will be relevant in tumor therapy. We are looking for a highly-motivated researcher with experience in bioinformatics and statistics and with a proven track record in next-generation sequencing data analysis. You will contribute to data driven cancer research and complement an internationally competitive research group employing high-throughput genetic screens in combination with cutting-edge cellular and molecular biology tools. You will be responsible from analysis of a wide range of NGS-based data, including large scale genome-wide synthetic lethality screens, mutation profiling and RNA sequencing.
- PhD in the area of bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, biostatistics or a related field
- Experience in mining, integration and analysis of multiple next-generation sequencing data sets and profound knowledge of NGS algorithms and software
- Experience with mining and working with large scale datasets (e.g. TCGA, ICGC)
- Strong proficiency in retrieving and analyzing high-throughput datasets, in particular R and Python
- Very good work organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Experience in high throughput screening methods
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae summarizing technical skills, personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference names
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until 30 October 2020. BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Merck.
The position is available from 1st May 2018. Please submit your application to the attention of Dr. Balca Mardin until 30th April 2018 via our online application system at https://bio.mx/apply/job/2018-J05. Applicants will be interviewed upon incoming documents, hence please get in touch as soon as you decide to apply.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Im Neuenheimer Feld 515