BioMed X Innovation Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 515, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
About BioMed X
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At our center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world are working jointly on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, diagnostics, and consumer care. These interdisciplinary project teams are conducting groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network.
What we are looking for
A postdoctoral position in neurobiology is available in the team of “Brain Microcircuits in Psychiatric Diseases” at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg, Germany. The main aim of the group is to understand biological correlates of phenotypes related to human psychiatric diseases. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic scientist to broaden our think-tank with her/his intellectual power and technical excellence. You will contribute to an internationally competitive research group employing advanced behavioral, genetic and functional approaches to understand the mechanisms of glial cell contribution to dysfunction of neuronal networks. You will be responsible for combining original and published data from transcriptional and metabolomic studies across species. The ideal candidate has a strong background in systems biology and is capable of thinking “outside the box”.
- PhD in the area of bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, or a related field
- Experience in mining, integration and analysis of multiple high-throughput datasets (NGS, proteomics, metabolomics) and related software
- Good understanding of cell biology, with particular focus on metabolism
- Independent and creative thinking
- Very good work organization skills
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
Additional preferred skills
- Familiarity with CRISPR/Cas9-based screening systems
- Familiarity with high-throughput screening methods
- Background in neurobiology
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 2 reference letters
What we offer
The post is offered for a limited term until 31 July 2020.
BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
The position is available as of 01 May 2018. Please submit your application for the attention of Dr. Michal Slezak before 29 April 2018 via our online application system: https://apply.bio.mx /job/2018-J03
Applicants will be interviewed upon incoming documents, hence please get in touch as soon as you decide to apply.
BioMed X Innovation Center
Im Neuenheimer Feld 515