Working time: max. 19 hours per week until 30.9.2021
sDiv usually hosts 15 working groups a year and welcomes more than 20 participants each meeting from all parts of the world. Due to Covid-19, our working groups meet now fully virtually. To help them to be more productive and concentrate on science, we offer a student assistant position at the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv). A virtual meeting lasts between 2-4 days with several virtual meeting time blocks and due to the time difference among the participants, the support is mainly needed in the late afternoon until evening and potentially sometimes in early mornings. In times of less working group activity, the assistant will support biodiversity data (e.g. species traits) mobilisation in sDiv synthesis Postdoc projects (normal working hours).
The position is supervised by Dr. Marten Winter (head of sDiv).
• technical support of the virtual working group meetings
o oversee virtual meeting platform functionalities (usually Zoom)
o help with break out room coordination
o support with audio, video problems of participants
o help setting up and oversee potential virtual whiteboards, slack channels etc
• support in meeting preparation
• note taking & synthesizing while and after the meetings
• potential help with meeting moderation/facilitation
Requirements / expected profile:
• You are currently a MSc student in a related research discipline (e.g., archaeology, zoology, ecology, palaeontology, geography, geology) or you already hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in a related field of research
• You should be familiar with at least one the following topics: Ecology, biodiversity research
• Fluent English language skills are a prerequisite and skills in other languages are beneficial.
• Your place of work is the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) in Leipzig. Depending on the Corona-situation home office can be made.