The LOEWE-TBG in Frankfurt am Main invites applications for a
Bioinformatician (m/f/d) to work on genome assembly, genome annotation and comparison (full time)
• Developing, maintaining and automating computational pipelines for genome assembly and annotation of diverse eukaryotic species that are sequenced at TBG using state-of-the-art sequencing technologies and compute infrastructure,
• Communication and collaboration with TBG and other researchers working on various genomic projects.
• excellent programming skills in a Linux environment as well as experience with shell scripting and Unix tools,
• previous experience in genomics, genome assembly and/or annotation,
• PhD degree in bioinformatics / computational biology, genomics or a related area is an advantage but not strictly required.
What is awaiting you?
• Joining a dynamic team of interdisciplinary researchers at an international research institution,
• Exciting research in a fast-growing research field,
• Flexible working hours – annual special payment – company pension scheme – Senckenberg badge for free entry in museums in Frankfurt, the zoo, botanical garden and Palmengarten – leave of 30 days/year – a job ticket subsidy for public transport.
Place of employment: Frankfurt am Main
Working hours: full time (40 hours/week)
Type of contract: initially limited
The contract is initially limited and should start as soon as possible. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung who supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference.
How to apply
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #12-20027) by e-mail and include a cover letter detailing your research interests and experience, a detailed CV and copies of your certificates, transcripts and grades to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt a.M.
The application deadline is January 10th, 2021, the search will continue until this position has been filled.