- Veröffentlicht: Montag, 16. November 2020 15:57
Job offer ref. #11-20021
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states. Within SGN, the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F) explores the interactions between biodiversity, climate, and society.
Senckenberg BiK-F invites applications for a
PostDoc Position - Genomic basis of environmental adaptation
The position is in the research group of Professor Imke Schmitt at the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre. The lab studies molecular evolution and ecology of the lichen symbiosis with a focus on organism-environment interactions. Current interests include genome evolution, secondary metabolism, microbial community ecology, population genetics, and symbiotic interactions. Organisms we work with are lichenized and non-lichenized fungi and green algae, and bacterial and viral communities (microbiomes) of lichens and plants.
You will initially work on existing projects, and later develop your own research program within the thematic context of the Schmitt lab. You will have the option to get teaching experience and habilitate at Goethe University. You are expected to maintain a strong publication record, acquire third party funding, advise students, and contribute to the Senckenberg Science and Society program.
· PhD in evolutionary biology, ecology, bioinformatics, microbiology, or related field
· Strong publication record showing keen interest in molecular evolution and ecology
· Excellent communication and writing skills in English
· Bioinformatics skills, including NGS data analysis and ecological modeling, e.g. de novo genome assembly, metabarcoding, metagenomics, transcriptomics
· Laboratory experience, e.g. DNA extraction, library construction
· Creativity, ambition, analytical and collaborative skills
· A plus: Experience in experimental manipulation of microorganisms/plants
Salary and benefits are according to a full-time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13, 100%). The contract should start as soon as possible - ideally on February 1st, 2021 - and will initially be limited to three years with a possibility of extension.
The Senckenberg Research Institutes support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #11-20021) before December 15th, 2020 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter detailing research interests and experience, a detailed CV and a copy of your certification to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main